GreenLight Clinical Newsletter Listing - Coming Soon.
In-House Essential GCP Training
The in-house essential GCP (Good Clinical Practice) training course covers two full days and is designed so that participants gain core practical knowledge from highly experienced research coordinators. The sessions are structured for participants to acquire useful techniques, tools and strategies that can, in turn, be applied at their centre.
Day 1 – With a focus on the fundamentals of conducting clinical research, topics to be covered initially include:
- Research type and applicable regulations
- Understanding protocols and sourcing necessary information
- Recruiting participants and enacting informed consent
- Working with source documents
- Managing investigational product and laboratory data
- Safety reporting and roles of key personnel
- Proven study tools.
Day 2 – This session provides an opportunity for attendees to engage in hands-on problem solving. Drawing on the experience of our Cooperative Research Centres (CRCs) and other attendees, strategies and contingency planning for a series of clinical challenges are addressed. Topics include:
- Boosting recruitment and retention
- Consent in special participant populations
- Reporting and audits
- Study design and methodology
Who Should Attend
- New coordinators looking for a structured overview and analysis of study set-up
- Academic researchers
- Current hospital/clinic workers needing practical tools for research coordination
- Individuals interested in learning about procedures at successful research sites
This is an entry level/introductory course. There are no entry criteria for this workshop.
Certification will be provided after completion of this course.
Course Fees (incl. GST)
Student – $850.00
Cost per person – $1,500.00